Smartware™ is an intelligent middleware designed specifically for managing, filtering, coordinating, and securing data collected from single or multiple RFID readers, RFID tags, and any other equipment. Smartware™ is available in three different options namely, standalone, server based, and embedded. These options are designed to suit different environments. The middleware is able to integrate with various enterprise applications with ease of use. It is also able to manage multiple RFID devices with an additional reader management module. Smartware™ enables RFID systems to integrate into the business process seamlessly and maximize the ROI.The tag and event objects are able to hold additional information in custom-defined variables associated to the tag and event objects. Within each processing unit, there exist logic components that perform data filtering, coordination, forwarding and storing or caching. The logic components are built-in features that process user definable high-level logic. Users do not need to have low level programming skill in order to define the logic. Instead, the user needs to have access to the Smartware™ reference and documentation guides.
- Developed based on XML, SOAP, Web Service and Service-Oriented Architecture (SOA)
- Supports various types of RFID readers
- Able to Handle multiple and different types of RFID readers
- High performance and able to process large amount of data
- Customizable capture and query interface to minimize the changes required to the existing system
- Configurable data capturing method or custom command
- Real-time, accurate operational data monitoring and visibility
- Supports Tag Encryption
- Server based –Server based Smartware™ handles RFID readers centrally, provide centralized control over multiple readers. Data captured is processed immediately and stored to the database, Smartrack™ EPCIS or any other application. Server based Smartware™ provides excellent manageability over multiple RFID readers, reducing the cost required to purchase extra computer hardware.
- Standalone –Standalone Smartware™ is designed to manage RFID readers for specific remote applications. Standalone Smartware™ works great with the RFID readers installed at remote location or small amount of RFID readers. Standalone Smartware™ ensures the data collected is updated to the repository securely. With build in message queue, Standalone Smartware™ will queue the data till the connection is restored. With Standalone Smartware™ there will be no missing valuable data captured from the RFID readers.
- Embedded – Embedded Smartware™ allows business applications to directly work with RFID Readers without having to know the low level process and reader filtering complexity. It is available as software API and Keyboard wedge module.
- Easy to deploy
- Customizable interface provides flexibility to communicate or control various types of hardware or software
- Smartware™ is designed to be Future proof and it provides the flexibility in future expansion whether adding new RFID readers or software changes.